Requirements for completion
- Be at least 18 years old
- Own a Total Diving System of professional type and quality.
- Be certified as an active Divemaster level or equivalent.
- Logged no less then 60 open water dives totaling 40 hours or more
Qualifications: After certification Assistant Instructors may do the following:
- Have logged no less than 75 open water dives totaling 50 hours or more.
- Complete and pass all requirements and evaluations listed in the Assistant Instructor Manual.
- Complete the water skills evaluation as outlined in the Assistant Instructor Manual.
- Complete a Assistant Instructor final exam with a passing score of 90%.
- Perform in the same role as a Divemaster
- Meet the criteria to act as a Certified Assistant
- Teach the Open Water Diver academic and pool sessions under the indirect supervision of an active SSI Instructor, but may not conduct exercises involving any self-aid or emergency skills such as Air Sharing, Emergency Swimming and Emergency Buoyant Ascent.
- Assist the instructor with open water scuba training dives in the role of Certified Assistant only. Take students, no more than 2 at a time, on underwater tours after the students have successfully completed the required skills with an Instructor, Conduct the Try Scuba Program in a pool and confined water.
- Conduct the Scuba Skills Update program
- Qualify for a Training Specialist with additional training
- Enroll in as SSI Instructor Training Program.
Digital Assistant Instructor Student Kit: $432
and includes Student Kit - Required additional material (includes Open Water Instructor Cue Cards, Scuba Skills Update Cue Cards,Try Scuba/Try Scuba Diving Instructor Cue Card, Snorkeling Instructor Cue Cards, Assistant Instructor Training Record.
Certification Fee: $75.00