| SSI Dive Guide (DG). This program is an introduction into the world of Dive Professionals. As a Dive Guide you will be qualified to lead certified divers on a variety of scuba diving adventures. Dive Guides are required to work through an active SSI Dive Center and, when necessary, with an active SSI Instructor.
As a certified SSI Dive Guide (DG) you can:
- Give underwater tours to certified scuba divers
- Teach Snorkel Diving after passing the Snorkel Instructor Module
- Issue Snorkel Diver certifications
Minimum age: 15 Years
Must be 18 years old to work as an Active Status Dive Guide
Must have completed the Advanced Adventurer program or higher or hold an equivalent rating from a recognized agency
Must have a Diver Stress and Rescue certification or equivalent
Must have logged at least 40 open water dives totaling 25 hours or more.
Must have Current CPR/First Aid and Oxygen Administration
Must have a Current Medical
Have completed the following specialty programs or provide proof of experience byby showing a minimum of five (5) logged experience dives in each of the following areas:
Dive Guides are required to have the same equipment that is required of student divers in other SSI programs, plus any other special equipment for being a Dive Professional.
- Night/Limited Visibility
- Deep Diving
Requirements for completion:
- Logged at least 50 open water dives totaling 25 hours or more
- Pass all requirements and evaluations listed in the Dive Guide Instructor Manual
- Complete the water skills evaluation as outlined in the SSI Dive Guide Instructor Manual
- Complete a Dive Guide final exam with a passing score of 90%
Digital Dive Guide Student Kit - Diamond Version: $120
SSI Diver Surface Marker Buoy (Required) & Dive Guide / Divemaster Training Record $60.00
SSI Registration Fee: $70.00
| SSI Divemaster (DM). Dive Guide + Science of Diving, equals Divemaster.
Divemasters can also lead and guide certified divers, as well as assist with both classroom and pool under direct supervision of an SSI Instructor.
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Must be an active status Dive Guide i professional status
- Have the Science of Diving certificatgion
- Logged at least 60 open water dives totaling 40 hours or more.
As a certified SSI Divemaster (DM) you can:
- Do all Dive Guide activities
Divemasters are required to have the same equipment that is required of student divers in other SSI programs, plus any other special equipment for being a Dive Professional.
- Assist active SSI Instructors in academics, pool and open water training under direct supervision.
Science of Diving Course Information: Click here.